PlayStation 5 customers should check their emails if they want to grab a PS5 next week.
Sony has sent out invites for customers to purchase PS5 consoles on its very own PlayStation Direct website.
The emails have been sent to a select number of registered customers, so it’s worth checking your inbox for the chance to buy a PlayStation 5.
If you’ve received an email from PlayStation Direct, you should be able to purchase the console on December 6 at 8am GMT.
The private stock drop will almost certainly be followed by a public restock from 10am GMT on December 6.
“A new batch of exclusive emails has been sent to PSN Members to privately purchase a PS5 console this Monday,” reads a PS5 Stock UK tweet.
“The drop should be open to the public after 10am if there are any PS5’s remaining.”
If you haven’t received an email, then it’s worth checking out the ShopTo website this weekend.
The UK retailer often restocks the device on a Sunday, so check back on December 5 for a potential stock drop.
If you are hoping to pick up a PS5 this weekend, then the following shopping tips should help.
PlayStation 5 general shopping tips…
• Login if you already have an account with the retailer.
• Use multiple devices wherever possible – desktop browser, laptop, tablet, smartphone.
• If the retailer has a dedicated app, download and use the app for purchasing a PS5.
• Sign up for retailer stock alerts where possible. Sites like ShopTo allow users to register interest.
• Follow stock checker accounts and websites, including PS5 UK Stock and Express Gaming.
PlayStation 5 shopping tips when buying from GAME…
• Get familiar with the bundles, so you know which one to target first: Obscure bundles are easier to get, standalones almost impossible. [GAME]
• When alerted, click through to your first bundle of choice as quickly as possible, this will get you into the queue. [GAME]
• If it says it’s failed when trying to checkout, it means that bundle is now OOS. So go back to the bundles and pick another one. [GAME]
• Checking out too much too quickly will give you a 30-60 second timeout, so don’t rush it. If this happens, just wait a bit then try again. [GAME]
If you’re looking for some games to go with your brand new PlayStation 5, then look no further than Deathloop.
“In Deathloop, two rival assassins are trapped in a mysterious timeloop on the island of Blackreef, doomed to repeat the same day for eternity.
“As Colt, the only chance for escape is to end the cycle by assassinating eight key targets before the day resets. Learn from each cycle – try new paths, gather intel, and find new weapons and abilities. Do whatever it takes to break the loop.”
PS5 launch title Demon’s Souls is also worth picking up, alongside Returnal, Ratchet and Clank and the new Call of Duty.
Express Online will keep this post updated with all the latest stock developments this weekend.