Fortnite developer Epic Games is gearing up to release a huge update on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, PC, Android and Nintendo Switch.
After waiting for what feels like forever, Fortnite Battle Royale and Save the World update 19.10 is finally ready to drop.
The new Fortnite update has a January 18 release date and a 9am GMT UK launch time.
Needless to say, an update of this magnitude will be accompanied by server downtime, which will begin at around 8.30am.
Once the servers go offline in full, Epic Games will make the latest update available to download.
The news was announced by Epic Games on Twitter, alongside a few clues about what to expect.
“Where we droppin’. The v19.10 update is scheduled for release on January 18th. Downtime will begin at 04:00 AM ET, with matchmaking being disabled 30 minutes before.”
If you’ve been paying attention to recent leaks, rumours and reports, you’ll probably understand that the initial part of the tweet is referring to the return of Tilted Towers.
The popular Fortnite destination is expected to make a comeback with the next update, which is fantastic news for fans.
As pointed out by Fortnite insiders such as Hypex, the new update is also expected to introduce the new Cover Canyon location, as well as a potential new boss battle.
Fans can also expect to see the return of Grenade Launchers, as well as a new stage in the snow cycle.
There’s also the Butter Cake rideable animal, as well as the Butter Berry Shield Fruit. This particular item will be sold by an NPC.
Finally, Epic Games will reportedly add new Glider and Pickaxe edit styles for The Foundation.
That’s on top of the usual boatload of game tweaks and bug fixes, which can be seen in the patch notes below.
Fortnite update 19.10 patch notes…
• DLSS Temporarily Disabled for DirectX11
– DLSS for DirectX11 is temporarily disabled. We are working on a fix.
– DLSS is available for DirectX 12. To change your rendering mode, go under Settings > Video > Advanced Graphics > Rendering Mode and select DIRECTX12.
Battle Royale issues
• Weekly Challenge: Collect Telescope Parts Issue
– Some players may not be able to find a third telescope piece when completing Stage 2 of the Weekly Quest “Destroy and collect telescope parts in a single match”
– We will be auto-completing this quest for players in our next game update.
• “Network Connection Lost” error when trying to join match as a spectator.
– Players will get a “Network Connection Lost” error when trying to join a match as a spectator.
• Some Outfits experience a dip in framerate and bright light when equipping Spider-Man’s Web-Shooters
– Outfits with Reactive Golden Styles such as Midas, Meowscles, and Skye may experience a flash of light and a dip in framerate when equipping the Spider-Man Web-Shooters.
• Progress for Some Cosmetic Challenge Bundles Not Visible
– Cosmetic Challenge Bundle quests are not displaying in the UI. This is a visual issue only and progress toward the challenges is still tracking.
• Healing while in tent is disabled.
– While we investigate an issue, players can no longer heal by resting in the tent.
• Daily Quests Don’t Appear If Another Mode Was Last Played
– After playing a non-Battle Royale mode (such as Party Royale, Creative, or Impostors) players may find they no longer have Daily Quests displayed in their Quest tab. This is a visual issue only. Loading into a Battle Royale match will display the quests again.
• Crash Pads do not visually look correct
– In Creative, the Crash Pads currently have no material making it appear visually incorrect. This is a visual issue only.
Save the World issues
• Vacuum Tube Bow is not causing chain lighting effect
– The Vacuum tube bow is no longer causing the chain lighting effect when used properly.
Switch and Mobile issues
• The Storm is not as dense and is more transparent on Nintendo Switch
– Players can not always see the Storm forming and coming near them due to the Storm visuals being more transparent on Nintendo Switch devices.
– While we work on a fix, players can still rely on the minimap to check on the location of the Storm circle.