UPDATE: Fortnite developer Epic Games has disabled matchmaking and taken servers offline for update 18.20.
The news was announced by Epic on Twitter: “We’re beginning to disable matchmaking in preparation for the v18.20 update, with server downtime beginning soon.
“We’ll let you all know when downtime has ended!”
ORIGINAL: Fortnite fans are counting down to the release of update 18.20.
The new Fortnite update has an October 12 release date on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Android and PC.
As a numbered update, the latest download will be accompanied by a period of server downtime at 9am BST UK time.
Services will begin to be taken offline at 8.30am BST, while downtime is expected to end at around 11am.
Update 18.20 was announced by Epic Games on Twitter, alongside a teaser about what to expect from the download.
“Combat combats combat,” reads an Epic tweet. “The v18.20 update is scheduled for release on October 12. Downtime will begin at approx. 04:00 AM ET, with matchmaking being disabled approx. 30 minutes before.”
Based on the teaser, Fortnite update 18.20 will bring the Combat AR and Combat SMG back to the game.
With the Fortnitemares festivities in full swing, there are also reports that rideable monsters will be added to the game, not to mention even more spooky skins and items.
The remaining Fortnite update 18.20 patch notes can be seen below.
Battle Royale patch notes…
• Battle Pass page unlock progress not always tracking correctly.
– Players may find that the Battle Pass will not appear to progress toward the next page when unlocking additional items to reach the unlock requirement.
• Slower gliding when using Symbiote item and Launch Pad.
– When using a launchpad, players may experience a slow gliding effect when redeploying the glider and using either the Venom or the Carnage Symbiote item.
• Unable to fish while inside certain vehicles.
– We’re aware of an issue preventing players from using a Fishing Rod while in the passenger seat of a Motorboat or in the pick-up bed of an OG Bear truck.
• Reboot timer in HUD doesn’t match reboot timer on Reboot Card
– The time displayed on the HUD is not matching the timer on the Reboot card. The Reboot card displays the correct time.
Save the World patch notes…
• Unable to swap Hero Loadouts in the Lobby while using a controller.
– Players may be unable to swap loadouts in the Lobby while using a Controller on all platforms.
Creative patch notes…
• Concert VFX Settings
– We’re investigating the following issue with the Concert VFX settings
– Concert Rain VFX remains on island until Returning to Hub and entering the island again
• Trees are not appearing on Island Map.
– We’re investigating an issue where trees placed in the island environment are not appearing on the island map.
Switch and Mobile patch notes…
• Switch players are not heard by other consoles in Game chat
– Switch players are unable to be heard by players on other platforms however, players on other platforms can still be heard by players on Switch.
• OnePlus Nord crash on login
– We’re investigating an issue that is causing the OnePlus Nord device to experience a crash on login.